Julio Chorizo Cheesy Poppers
One pound chorizo sausage
1 1/3 Cup shredded parmesan cheese
One 8 oz package of softened cream cheese
20 large Jalapeno peppers
Preheat oven to 400.
Slice peppers in half and remove the membrane and seeds. Do not cut off the stem.
Cook chorizo in a pan until crumbled and drain off grease. You may want to place on paper towels to remove excess grease.
In large bowl, combine cream cheese, parmesan cheese and chorizo. Mix until well blended. Spoon into peppers and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes until filling is lightly browned. You can finish these on the grill if you like the smoky flavor and grill marks.
*You can make these ahead and freeze them before baking.
Patriot Puffed Pastry
4 ounces (1/2 of an 8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained and picked over
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1 package (9.5 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Cups, prepared according to package directions
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1. Heat the oven to 350°F.
2. Stir the cream cheese, egg, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce in a medium bowl. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, crabmeat and chives. Spoon the crabmeat mixture into the pastry cups. Sprinkle with the paprika. Place the filled pastry cups onto a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 5 minutes or until the filling is hot and puff pastry is golden.
Dirty Bird Red Beans and Rice
1 pound dried red beans
1/2 pound andouille sausage, chopped
3 ribs celery, chopped
1 smoked ham shank
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
4 cups chicken stock
8 cups cooked long-grain white rice, for serving
4 scallions, chopped
4 skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup tabasco sauce
- In a slow cooker, combine the beans, andouille, celery, ham shank, onions, bell peppers, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, onion powder, paprika, brown sugar and 2 teaspoons salt. Add the chicken stock and 2 cups water and stir to mix. Cook on the high setting until the beans are tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- Cook chicken breasts. Shred and mix in tabasco sauce.
- Season with salt. Serve with rice, topped with scallions and chicken.