It’s Meatless Monday! I love all kinds of food and eating Vegetarian or Vegan is just one more “kind” of cuisine. I think of meatless or meals that are fully vegan the same way I think of Mexican food, or Italian food, it’s all good! Don’t think of a meal of “less-than” if it doesn’t have meat, just think of it as an opportunity to have something deliciously different!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1C grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon minced or powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1C butternut squash, diced
- 1C canned green jackfruit, each piece halved
- 1C cauliflower, small florets
- 8-10 oz coconut cream (milk works, too)
- 1/2C diced dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil or mint leaves
- In the Tegnine (or a dutch oven), heat oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute’ until tender. Add the peppers and carrots and saute’ for a couple of minutes. Add the curry, corriander, tumeric, ginger, salt and sauté until incorporated. Add the butternut squash, jackfruit, and cauliflower and then pour the coconut milk over the top of it all. Gently lift the ingredients so the coconut milk can get to the bottom of the ingredients. Add more coconut milk if needed to reach the desired consistency of your curry sauce.
- Simmer covered over med/low heat for 4-5 minutes or until the squash and cauliflower are tender and the jackfruit has taken on the curry flavor.
- Gently stir and serve over rice with diced dried apricots and mint or basil